The Guildford cricket oval is named after John Powell, MBE, JP, who lived from 1889 to 1973 and was a local councillor, benefactor and friend to the people of Guildford. The Reserve, which was originally constructed by the Guildford community, is now managed by a Section 86 committee of the Mount Alexander Shire Council.
The Banjo Jamboree is most grateful to be able to hire it and its facilities as the main camping area for the Jamboree. The Jamboree community donations fund has been able to contribute back to the Reserve over the years, assisting in the building of the shower block, the retaining wall and the covered grassed area, as well as improvements to the cricket pavilion.
Camping arrangements and stipulations may be found in our Accommodation/Camping link. Please respect the Reserve and take care of it – it is a precious Guildford asset!